C/W. A. Mozart, 13, 03581 l'alfàs del Pi, Alicante
Call us: 96 503 42 41 - 636 43 35 07
What is a Thread lift?
Dr. Óscar Máyorga explains the non-surgical facelift procedure using thread lifts, also known as Russian threads or magic threads, at RegenBiocell Clinic in Albir.
Although this technique is relatively new, having been developed over the past twelve years, it has evolved and improved over time, especially with the use of longer and multiple threads.
Today, it is the only non-invasive technique that provides an immediate lifting effect by stretching the skin of the face, also known as Silhouette Soft® threads, and other similar names.
However, it is crucial that the cosmetic doctor or plastic surgeon performing the treatment is well-trained in these techniques and familiar with the anatomy of the treated areas to avoid injury to vessels, skin muscles, or nerves.
The Thread Lift application is a non-invasive technique that uses 100% biocompatible and absorbable threads to tighten and firm the skin, stimulate collagen production, and provide a natural lifting effect intradermally in various areas of the face and body.
Nylon and polypropylene threads that are non-absorbable and well-tolerated are also available. Recently, absorbable sutures that decompose in approximately 6 to 10 months have also been introduced.
Thread lifts are used to restore tension to areas of the face and neck that are sagging or loose by implanting barbed threads beneath the skin. It is a way of obtaining a lifting effect without surgery.
These facial threads stimulate the internal production of collagen and fibroblasts, resulting in a new skin that is elastic and healthy-looking.
What are Russian Threads used for?
This treatment is ideal for patients looking to combat gravitational sagging, tighten the skin of the face and neck, and restore firmness to the facial contour without surgery.
- Moderate sagging of the facial contour, double chin, nasolabial folds are some of the areas that achieve the best results with this treatment.
- Threads are also interesting for treating a sad or tired look due to sagging cheeks or eyebrows.
- Furthermore, post-treatment care is straightforward to follow.
- These threads create a sub-dermal support network that provides the necessary tension to achieve a lifting effect.
- The result is firmer, brighter, and rejuvenated skin, preserving facial features and anatomy.
How are the magical threads placed?
Thread lifts are inserted using a needle that guides the hypodermal tissue.
These threads have multiple barbs that cling to the skin like velcro without the need for stitches.
They are placed with a fine needle that does not leave scars. The tissues thus "hooked" and tightened allow for the restoration of the facial contour and the reduction of tissue sagging or ptosis in the cheeks or neck, for example. They also lift the cheeks or eyebrows, which can improve eye dynamics.
At the end of the procedure, the effect is immediately visible. Over the following weeks, there is a general improvement in the skin, enhancing the effect through bio-stimulation.
This technique allows for touch-ups and new applications at any time without interfering with previous treatments. The simple and quick application requires little recovery time, allowing the patient to return to their normal life immediately.
How long does the application of barbed threads last?
It takes one hour for simple positions and more than two hours for complex positions, as it is a precise procedure that should not be rushed.
Placing a thread is not very difficult, but placing it well requires care and precision to achieve the desired results.
How long do non-surgical facelift results last?
The results are immediately visible. Some skin folds may appear after re-tightening, but they usually disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.
The results theoretically last a few years, depending on the type and quality of the thread used, the number of threads implanted, and the experience of the physician. The duration has improved significantly since the use of longer and multiple threads.
The implantation of threads allows for a very natural and consistent result, as all loose or collapsed areas can be treated at the same time.
What areas can be treated with the application of tension threads?
There are different areas that can be treated with tension threads:
- The lifting of the eyebrows, a simple technique that restores youth.
- In the middle third of the face, they correct cheek sagging and improve the definition of the jawline.
- The neck is the facial area that clearly shows signs of aging.
What care should I follow after the treatment?
- Avoid high-impact physical exercise during the first 2 weeks.
- During the first week, it is recommended not to make excessive facial expressions.
- Avoid sun exposure for a week.
- Do not apply makeup until 14-15 hours after insertion.
- Apply cold compresses during the first few hours to reduce inflammation.